This method creates the necessary registry entries for a COM object,
using the information in registration_info table. If the
component is successfully registered, the method returns a non-nil
The registration_info table must contain the following
This method is not a generic ``registering tool'' for COM
components, as it assumes the component to be registered is
implemented by the running executable during registration.
- This field must contain a string
describing the programmatic identifier for the component,
- The same as VersionIndependentProgID but with a version
number, e.g. ``MyCompany.MyApplication.2''.
- The file name of the type library describing the
component. This file name should contain a path, if the type library
isn't in the same folder of the executable. Samples:
last one can be used when the type library is bound to the executable
as a resource).
- The name of the component class. There must be a
coclass entry in the type library with the same name or the
registration will fail.
- This is the human-readable name of the
- This field specifies what arguments will be supplied
to the component executable when started via COM. Normally it should
Vinicius da Silva Almendra